Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today was going to be our "lazy day". You gotta love those days...nothing planned, anything goes, just have fun and relax :) Well, it all got started when Nathanael wanted to make something, so I gave him an empty shoe box. The first thing that box was was a guitar( he put rubber bands around it) then he decided it didnt' sound exactly like a guitar so he wanted to make a truck. I suggested he make a boat since I didn't have anything for the wheels. he was happy so he started making his boat. When he was having difficulty making his mask stay in place, I suggested several things but then daddy steps in and says HE can make anything....well, I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into for TWO hours later, he had made not only one little boat but 4 little sailboats, one for each of the kids :) He did an awesome job I might add....His creative side came out today for which the kids were very pleased....

Even got the hairdryer out so the paint could dry quicker ;)

Pretty good artwork Brett :)


The final outcome.... Good job honey!

This is what I did today:


Can you guess ?








Yep! Made homemade strawberry jelly. Having biscuits this morning, although they were good, I was missing one thing....strawberry jelly to go on them...
This was the first time I had used store bought frozen strawberries but tasting the jelly you would never know...even have enough strawberries to make 2 more batches so don't worry, daddy, I'm bringing you home some next week....well....that is if the grandkids don't get into them before or your daughter...he he... :)



2 comments:

MaMa Vaughn said...

wow. good job Brett. :]
And man Heather you've been busy!

Anonymous said...

I think Brett needs to be signed up for the Crafts Coordinator at VBS this summer!