On Friday the kids and I went down to DC to the Museum of Natural History. We took a friend of ours, Theresa Ward with us and it was the first time for all of us. The kids love animals so they really enjoyed this museum. There was a lot of good information about the different animals but then there was a lot of junk about how the animals were "evolved." When Nathanael would read about "millions of years ago" or "evolved" about the animals, he would say very bluntly " no mom, God made us" or "it didn't happen millions of years ago". I was so proud of him that he didn't mind saying out loud that he disagreed about what had been written. So even though this museum has some cons, it was good to see how my son could pick out the information that was false and I could also impart to the other children that God made us and we just didn't "evolve".
2 comments:
looks like fun! What do you mean we didn't evolve?? :] I so could see Nathanael doing that. ;] HEather, your kids are always so good,and well taught! I wanna be like you when I grow up!:]
that's funny you mentioned about not evolving because brett and I were just saying nathanael might have been seeing he loves to walk like a cougar or snarls like a cheetah :) LOL
Post a Comment