This morning we had a big breakfast like we usually do on Saturdays. Today it was eggs and homemade biscuits. Yes, I know Pillsbury makes wonderful biscuits (like my sister Ashley reminds me :) ), but I am trying to find a recipe for biscuits like my mommy used to make every Saturday morning. While I was rolling out my biscuits this morning my mind went back to when I was growing up...... I could vividly remember coming downstairs and seeing her in the kitchen frying bacon or sausage, stirring the country gravy, biscuits already rolled out and cut and in the oven, and eggs in a bowl waiting to be scrambled. I could even hear the music that always played in the background.( for if you knew my mommy you knew she loved her Christian music playing throughout the house. It wasn't loud just playing softly, giving a warm, peaceful atmosphere in the house.) She did make the BEST country breakfast and everything was made from scratch which meant my mommy was up WAY before anyone in the house. she also wanted to be sure to have breakfast hot and ready for us when we got up. She was an example of a Proverbs 31 lady.....vs 15 "she riseth also while it is yet night and giveth meat to her household....." Yes Mam, that was my mommy! I love you mommy and I am so thankful for the Bible principles you taught me through your everyday activities!
2 comments:
My incredible, delicious, and easy biscuit recipe:
Make a trip to the grocery store
Walk down the freezer breakfast aisle
Grab a bag of Pillsbury Grand Southern Biscuits
Pop them in the oven and Voila!
yea and like I said little smarty pants I want HOMEMADE!
Post a Comment