One night this week while waiting for daddy to come home from work I pulled a gingerbread train out for the kids to decorate. I know, this is something usually done during Christmas time but hey when you find it on the clearance aisle for $3 this mommy will grab it up for a time when I need something to keep sanity in the house :) And it did! For almost an hour the kids had so much fun putting it together. I had the instructions out but the kids really wanted to do it "their" own way so I let them have it and I sat back and watched and of course took pictures :) I did have to get on Cailyn several times trying to sneek in a lick of the icing or piece of candy :)
At the end the train looked....well, shall I say "colorful" ? I did allow the kids to keep it as a centerpiece on the table for a few days before I had to "replace" it :) My excuse was that I wanted my plate of fruit back on the table so Cailyn would grab at that when she needed a snack and not trying to grab candy off the train :) hey it worked and I had no complaints :)
No comments:
Post a Comment