Friday, January 7, 2011

7/365



Last night I made blackberry cobbler with the kids. While we were eating Thaddaeus was sitting on daddy's lap and as you can see in the first picture he was wanting to try some like us :) so daddy gave him one bite and well he just didn't get one bite after that :) I think he liked mommy's cobbler :) I am passing on the recipe that I use. This was my mommy's and it is delicious! Definitely a favorite of the family!
2 cups blackberries
1/2 -1 cup of sugar (depends on how sweet the berries are)
2 tbl flour
dash of nutmeg or cinnamon
butter
1/4 cup of water
pie crust( I use store bought since I rarely make my own crust)
I mix the berries with the sugar, flour, nutmeg and then in pour the water. you may have to add more water if needed.you don't want too much but you don't want the cobbler too dry. Once you pour the berry mixture into a 9 *13 pan that is lined with the crust, you will slice some butter on top....not big slices just about 4 small slices then I like to add a top layer of crust. I bake it at 350 for about 20-30 min....just until the crust is light brown. Take out and enjoy with some vanilla icecream and a cold glass of milk! Or just come to my house I'll bake you some :)

1 comment:

dawniedoowop said...

I'll just come over and you can make me some!! :-)