Friday, January 7, 2011

hot chocolate

This week I was really trying to stay away from coffee and hot chocolate which lately has been my downfall ;( but today it was a day that I needed a cup.....hey I think I can justify it since I had just come home from a trip to Target with 5 kids that were soooo in need of a nap! So can you understand my need for a cup of hot chocolate :) Good! Tho guess I will be riding my bike longer tonight but I can say it was well worth it :)
I wanted to share you the recipe for this hot cocoa...it isn't store bought :) I made a big batch of this for Christmas to give to some friends andthen for our family. it will be something I will keep in my cabinets since it is soooo good!
Candy Cane Hot Cocoa:
1 cup of powdered milk
1 cup of sugar
1 cup cocoa powder, special dark variety
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup choc chips miniature semi sweet ( I didn't have mini and they did just fine)
1/2 cup candy cane crushed
you can layer these layers in a glass quart jar to give away or just put it in a big container for the family to enjoy.
when you are ready to make a cup just put 3-4 tbl of mixture in cup of hot water and you can't forget to top it off with whipped cream! enjoy especially during "one of those days" :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let me know when your having another one of those sometime lady! It looks VERY appealing! ;)

The Doggett Clan said...

we just had them today after playing in the snow....but I wil let you know during "one of those days or just call me when you need one of them :)

MaMa Vaughn said...

yup looks yummy!! :]