I have been trying to do at least one new recipe each week. They are supposed to be new "supper" recipes but sometimes it ends up being a new dessert or breakfast item :) I don't have pictures of the meals so you that have to have pictures to see what the meal looks like...well you are out of luck this time...just trust me these meals are good!
Cheese and Bacon Chicken
2 Tbl olive oil
4-6 pieces breast halves or more if you use breast tenders
12 pieces of cookied and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Put the 2 tbl of oil in the bottom of crockpot (this step is optional) Put the chicken in the crock on top of the oil. In a small bowl combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing. (you will have to taste it...it sounds crazy but its good :) ) pour the sauce over the chicken making sure you get in between the chicken pieces. add the cheese and bacon on top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. the cooking time depends on how big the chicken pieces and if they are frozen or fresh. Then enjoy! I had red potatoes to go with it and a veggie.
Applesauce Chicken
4 chicken breast or thighs
1 1/2 cup of applesauce
1 T dried onion flakes or 1 yellow onion chopped finely
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes(optional, I didn't have it this time)
Directions:
Put chicken in crockpot. add onion uness you are using dried onion and you would wait to add it with your applesauce. In a bowl mix the applesauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices together. pour on applsauce. cover and cook on low 5-7 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs.
we had this last night and it was delicious! I guess if you are not an applesauce person you may not like it but it was really tasty and it made the chicken really moist!
Yesterday we made some brownies. I only put half the batter in the dish and then we used Hershey Chocolate Candy bars to put in middle of one side of the pan and then marshmellows on the other side. After you add whatever you want, then pour the remaining brownie mix on top. the part with the candy bar was my favorite although the marshmellows weren't that bad either :) Next time will be peanut butter chips :)
2 comments:
Mmmm....those recipes sound so good! Thanks for sharing! We have loads of applesauce that I canned in the fall so I can make that recipe and don't have to go the store...yay! And I know my hubby will love the cheddar bacon chicken. Now I'm hungry. =)
I want either pictures or samples to be sent to me.
Post a Comment