Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One of the kids' favorite chores is to wash the kitchen floor. The chore is supposed to be Andrew's but many times he has lots of help. And that is one chore I'm glad they enjoy doing since I can't get down on my knees as easy as I used too....big prego belly in the way :)   Well today Cailyn wanted to wash the floor so I gave her the sponge( I use magic eraser so the black marks come up easier for the kids). Cailyn is good at going to the sink and rinsing the sponge out when she needs to. So as she is doing that I was getting the other kids ready for a craft. When I came back to check on her the floor was sparkling clean and the sponge she placed on the counter. So I went back to help the kids with the craft they were doing. Later on I came back to the kitchen to get some water and I noticed my floor really wet and Thaddaeus was helping me wash the floor now.  Wel,l at that moment I didn't think twice about it. Then while walking down the hallway back towards the kids room I noticed the bathroom door open. Then it clicked.....My son who is "helping" me wash the kitchen floors was getting his water from the bathroom, and it wasn't from the sink.....can you guess where he was getting it from?  Yea, the only source of water that he can reach at his age.....THE TOILET!  GROSS!  But I couldn't scold him since he was "helping" me or so he thought he was...I just had to laugh!   Now this floor is getting a third wash for the day...the floor will be the cleanest it has ever been :)   

No comments: