This was our first year spending Christmas here with just us. With us going home for THanksgiving I knew I wouldn't be able to travel again for Christmas, due to my pregnancy. Our church had a candlelight Christmas service Saturday night and then on Sunday morning we had our Christmas service. I wish every year Christmas was on Sunday! What a way to start out our Christmas Day....in church celebrating our Savior's birth! Makes us focus on the real reason we do celebrate Christmas and not focus on all the festivities and other things that we do on Christmas.
After service we came home and I started making the meal while the kids played outside with daddy with their new rifles. Even though it was just us I went ahead and made a big Christmas meal...ham(HoneyBaked Ham...yum yum), Sweet potatoe casserole( our favorite), green beans (sure missed having some of mom's canned green beans), corn, mashed potatoes, and homemade butterhorn rolls(this was my granny's recipe that she used to do every Christmas) and of course homemade pumpkin pie! I sure missed having a big gathering of relatives for dinnertime but I am so thankful for the family He has loaned to me and the joy it was to enjoy Christmas this year with just our family!
opening presents Christmas Eve after our service
I believe daddy is outnumbered this time...tho Thaddeaus needs to learn how to point his gun :)
the camo tent the boys got
yea, Nathanael better run Madison has a gun.... :)
sweet potatoe casserole
granny's rolls looked so much better but I'm just glad my turned out...this was my first time making them....the only thing missing was her honey butter(will have to make it next time)
what we all wanted to do after that big dinner......
No comments:
Post a Comment