Thursday, January 5, 2012

homemade dish detergent soap

Last year I started making our own laundry soap and cleaning supplies. The one thing I wanted to try but never did was find a dishwasher soap. Well, I finally did. The other day I ran out and I had 2 loads of dishes to wash. Seeing that it was way too cold to take 6 little ones outside, I set out to find a recipe that worked. I had trouble at first trying to find one with ingredients I already had on hand. But I finally found one. Only 3 ingredients: water, borax, and baking soda. You do a cup of each. I poured them in a jar with a lid so I could shake it up before each use. They say you could use lemon shine or just plain lemonade mix and that would help with the grease if are washing a lot of pots and pans. I didn't have any lemonade on hand so just used the other 3 ingredients and I was not disappointed. Today is the third day of using it and I am not going back to store bought detergent. I do put white vinegar in the rinse cup and that really helps with the cloudiness that I get on my glasses.  I am so glad I found another homemade recipe for a  product that we use a lot.Another way to save money :)  I do have goals in the next month or two to make our own chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and refried beans since those are things I use a lot.

No comments: