Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cheese and Broccoli Soup

Last night I had a craving for some hot soup and bread.  I wanted some potato soup but didn't have enough potatoes for that. So I went to my favorite site: Allrecipes.com   I typed in the food I did have for soup and I found this one: Cheese and Broccoli Chicken Soup. I love Panera Bread's cheese and broccoli soup so I knew with added chicken this must be good. And it was! ( I rarely find a recipe on Allrecipe that I don't like).  I made exactly the amount it calls for which is  10 servings only because I wanted to freeze some for another meal. And I changed a little from the original recipe(I took some advice from the reviews and then I lessened the cheese only because I didn't have 3 cups like it called for but I think I liked it better. tasted more like chicken and noodle soup rather then a heavy cheese soup). Here is the recipe I used and like I said it as awesome...in fact Brett had some for lunch again today and he said it was better then last night...he said it was a keeper so I was happy!
  
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
4 cups water
8 cups of chicken broth
half bag of frozen broccoli
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 cups of cheddar cheese


No comments: