Sunday, June 8, 2008

andrew's birthday






well yesterday morning was a long day but a good one. I started the morning at 5:30am. know it was going to be in the high 90's I wanted to get andrew's birthday cake baked early in the morning and brett and I wanted to get a start on the kid's new play area. I found free wood chips online so brett, being a wonderful husband, made several trips with his new truck to go get enough for our project...that truck sure has come in handy many times...anyway, while he and nathanael started doing the framework for the playarea, I had helpers helping me clean and make the cake. I decided to make ice cream cone cakes...something different and fun for the kids. I think madison and andrew enjoyed putting the fingers in the bowl more than helping me :) well after cleaning the house and getting all the food ready we went outside to help brett. even mommy picked up a shovel and helped. Digging trenches for the frame and then hauling wood chips reminded me of doing work for you daddy :) I could tell it had been a long time since I had done landscaping because my hands were hurting afterwards. But I sure felt good getting out and working. We weren't able to finish seeing that we had a party and on top of that it was only 101 degrees outside. so we stopped and hopefully will finish later this week.
we had a cookout later that afternoon and the Bohac's and the Vaugh's came. I don't know if andrew really grasped the fact that it was his birthday but he sure liked having his buddies here to play with and he especially liked the ice cream cakes :) he kept saying "more, more" :) since he was the birthday boy, he got two :)
well we had a great day yesterday. Thank the Lord for another year he has given us with andrew! He is such a joy to have!

No comments: