Friday, April 8, 2011
blessings
Yesterday we found out that Brett may not have a job come Monday morning if the government shuts down. And if and when they go back, would they get paid for the days they miss they do not know either. But instead of worrying about the uncertaintity, we are going to trust in the Lord to provide and rest assure He will take care of us just like he promises to. Today in my devotions I read about the widow in 1Kings that only had enough meal and oil to make a cake for her and her son and then they would die. Elijah comes along and ask her to make him a cake first. I'm sure it was a big step of faith for her to make Elijah's cake first. But she did and the Lord blessed her. Her barrell and cruse may not have been kept full, but they NEVER ran out. Oh what a blessing and encouragement that was to me today! To know if we are faithful to give to the Lord FIRST, even when we don't know when our next pay check is, the Lord will bless us and will make sure we do not go hungry.It would be so easy to keep the portion of our last pay check that is supposed to go for tithes and faith promise and put it in savings "just in case". But after reading this story and being reminded that we have to give to the Lord FIRST before he will bless us, I dont' think we will be holding back from giving to the Lord since we want to be a part of His blessing on our lives. Our desires may not alway be met but our NEEDS will be! Spurgeon once said, " God never yet forsook in need, the soul that trusted in Him indeed!" I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord will provide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was blessed by your thoughts. I will be praying for you all.
Post a Comment