Monday, April 18, 2011
April 1...National Building Museum
Last month Brett took off 2 days for my birthday. The first day Brett and I went to Chesapeake's Beach Resort and enjoyed a very nice, QUIET evening together :) On Friday we came home and picked up the kiddos and took them to a new museum we had not been to yet. It was our first and I'm sure our last visit there....it is called the National Building Museum and it said that it was one of the best museums in DC for kids but I sure don't know about that. There are 3 floors but most of the rooms were empty. Really the only part the kids enjoyed was on the third floor during the month of March they had Lego's. But of course you had to pay to go in that room and I paid for us to go in anticipating a huge room and a lot of neat things built with legoes...well...I was disappointed...a small room with several Lego structures but nothing like I had anticipated. There was a small room for the kid to play with Lego's and so I told them we would stay and play a LONG time since I paid to get in that room :) The kids didn't mind since they love to play with Lego's. Even Thaddaues was trying to play or should I say "taste" each Lego he could put his fingers on :) The one thing I did enjoy about this building was looking at the sculpturing on the outside of the building. Very detail work! Well now at least I can say I went to the National Building Museum :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment