Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last week we made some cinnamon Christmas ornaments.(my frind Sarah's children had made these too I belive the same day...great minds think alike right Sarah :) )
 My sister had made these a few years ago
and I hadn't made them in awhile so thought this would be a quick and fun craft for the kids to do. It is a really simple project. You only need 1 cup cinnamon to 3/4 cup applesauce. Some people put more spices in but cinnamon is all I have done. You just mix it together and then roll it out and cut the shapes out just like you do cookies. You can either let them set out for 3-4 days or bake them at 150 for an hour or so, turning them once. Make sure you poke a hole in the ornament before you bake them(I use a straw). Then when they are hard, you can put ribbon thru hole so you can hang it. We use it for our tree then after Christmas I like to hang them in closets....I love the smell of cinnamon.
 Rolling out the "dough" for our Chrismas ornaments

 after baking them the kids put ribbons on them


some of the cinnamon ornaments that we gave to our neighbors and then we hung some on our tree....they smell wonderful!

No comments: