Most toddlers' favorite foods are either cookies, bananas, crackers, things like that. But my little toddler is no normal toddler because his favorite food literally is salsa. Not chips with salsa like the normal way to eat salsa would be but plain salsa. Now I do get mild salsa so its not too spicy but still that little guy will eat it by the handfuls like a normal toddler would grab for a handful of chips or cookies. We have tried to get him to eat it with chips but he will lick the salsa off then set it aside and literally spoon up the salsa with his fingers. Everytime we eat chips and salsa he wants the salsa only. The funny thing is he loves to pick out the green peppers and tomatoes(I get the chunky salsa) first. And one scoopful is not enough. I have had to put the salsa back in the refrig so he doesn't see it or he is whining for more. So far he hasn't been sick from it or had a diaper rash. Now when we go to mexican restaraunts we have a MAJOR problem because he sees of course the salsa they serve you at the beginning and unlike what he has at home that salsa is HOT. so we have a time trying to coax him to eat something else and at the same time try to dip our chips into the salsa without him knowing :) It's too funny...one odd toddler but in a way I guess its healthy and it's way better then cookies :)
2 comments:
Well what can I say - he is his father's son and my grandson!!! We do love our salsa - only we prefer it with the chips
Aw, and yummy! :) that's my kinda boy! :)
Post a Comment