Friday, February 25, 2011
February 25
Today is February 25. A date that brings both happiness but also brings tears of sadness. A date that a family lost a precious love one but Heaven gained a precious soul. A date that a lot of people never think twice about but for me a date that will never be fogotten. A date that I saw God answer a prayer according to His will and not mine. A date that I can vividly remember where I was and what I was doing and who I was with. A date that will always stand out in my mind.....this date is the day I was able to hold my mommy's hand for the last time,this date was the last time I was able to tell her face to face that I loved her, the last time I was able to hug my mommy, the day I saw my mommy take her last breath here on this earth.... I still vividly remember that last breath she took and knowing her fight with cancer was over and she was now "completely healed". You see the Lord did answer our prayers about healing our mommy, it just wasn't exactly "how" we had wanted. Yes, we wanted the cancer to be removed from her body but not for "her" to be removed from us as well. We all loved her so much and we so needed her. But knowing she is with her Lord,perfectly whole, and knowing that "there is a purpose" surely does bring both peace and comfort to a heavy heart. So you see this date will always be fresh in my mind as well as the details of that day. February 25 .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment