Thursday, February 5, 2009

Last week I had the opportunity to go visit with my mom and dad in Texas. Each day we would go across the border into Mexico for mom's treatments. The place she had her treatments was smaller than I had imagined and it was crowded. But the people there and the nurses are all very friendly. I so enjoyed going everyday just to be with my mom and also to fellowship with the other patients. i would say half if not more of those patients at that clinic professed to be saved and you could definitely tell by their faces. Even though these people are battling something that could take their lives, they had the joy of the Lord on their faces. I even heard one lady, whose cancer was spreading, that she was headed home to spend time with her family and she told this other patient that the Lord was good and that she would praise Him even till the end! Only knowing the Lord in an intimate way can you truly say that when you know your days are numbered! Praise the Lord that I have a mother that is saved and who has the joy of the Lord on her face too! It is good that whatever plan the Lord has for her she will win either way! Love you mom and I so enjoyed the time with you! And daddy I love you too and glad I was able to help you out too...even if you are a big baby at times :)

No comments: